General Information

The Richland County School District One Student Records Department is responsible for the archiving of student cumulative records of former students. If you are in need of your school records for any reason, please read all of the instructions below. Please note that we do not store records for private/community schools only for student that attended Richland School District One.


Per District policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) student records are only available to those who have authorization from the student or parent, guardian or responsible person if the student is less than 18 years of age. If the student is 18 years of age or older, school records will not be released to a parent, guardian, or responsible person without the student’s written consent. 

Recent Graduates/Attendees

If you graduated in the last year, please check with the last school attended to see if your records are available. All other graduates please submit a request to the records department.


How to Request a Transcript/School Records or graduation verification

Effective July 1, 2019, former students, educational institutions and authorized third parties MUST request transcripts and education verification online. Allow a minimum of three (3) to five (5) business days to process your request. This processing time may be shorter or longer depending on the volume of requests. Phone request, mail, and fax requests will not be accepted.

Request a transcript:

Click on the NeedMyTranscript banner to complete the online form, submit payment and received updates as your request is processed.

For other types of records requests, please select from the list below:

Currently Enrolled Students:
Contact the school.
SAT/ACT SCORES: or call 866-756-7346 for SAT and 319-337-1270 for ACT
Workkeys Scores: or call 800-967-5539
Special Services Records, IEP, 504 Plan:
call 803-231-6773 fax 803-231-6790
Adult Education :
call 803-343-2935 fax 803-343-2938

Records request fee amount:

Recent Graduates $5

Non-Graduate $3

Birth Certificate $1

Immunization Records $1

Birth certificate corrections $5

Personal copy $5

Education Verifications $15

Vocational Rehab $20

Attorney Records $15

Note: A $2 convenience fee applies to all orders submitted.